Monday, August 19, 2013

The First Baby Shower

We had our first baby shower this past weekend! This one was in my hometown with my side of the family (and Cory's mom and grandma as well!) and my very much missed friends. I started the day getting breakfast downtown my BFF then heading to get my hair done curtesy of my sister-in-law and Douglas J. Aveda Institute. After a morning of pampering I was whisked away to my mom's to finish getting ready while the rest of the shower was being set up. Setup is generally the most stressful part of any event, but it seems everyone made it out okay.

The shower was excellent. My mom, sister and sister-in-law turned the house into baby shower heaven.

The menu:

  • Roasted veggie and orzo salad

  • Lots of fresh veggies and dip

  • Mini Pigs'n a blanket

  • Sliders

  • Mac'n Cheese Cups

  • Cotton candy cupcakes

  • Vanilla bean cupcakes

  • Vanilla cake with strawberry filling

  • Donut holes

  • Chocolate dipped rice krispy treats

  • Homemade butter pecan ice cream

  • Pickles :)

  • And a variety of candy to make up a lovely candy bar


All delicious like all of our family gatherings.

It was so nice to see everyone that I rarely get to see since moving south. I'm a very blessed girl to have the family and friends that I do and I can't thank you all enough for coming to the shower!

Below you'll find some pictures of the big event!

[gallery type="square" ids="547,548,549,550,551,552,553,554,555,556,557,558,559,560,561,562,563,564,565,566,567,568,569,570,571,572,573,574,575"]

5 comments:

  1. Wow your baby shower looks great. I'm so nervous about mine b/c I'm the one buying almost everything for it & setting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You're a brave woman! I might have had a melt down if I was doing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ice cream cups! I'm hosting an ice cream sundae bridal shower for my sister and would love to know where you got them made???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I asked my mom about the cups/stickers but she couldn't remember the exact place she got them from. I do know they're from Etsy though. The wooden spoons didn't come with them though, they were tied on later. Good luck with your shower!

    ReplyDelete