Sunday, October 27, 2013

Finished packing!



20131027-215724.jpg

Well, I think I finished the whole "packing for the hospital" thing. So in the event that you're interested, here's what's in the bag:

1. The Husband Bag

  • Gym shorts

  • Sleep pants in case it's freezing

  • 2 tshirts

  • Boxers

  • Socks

  • Basic toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant)



2. Toiletries

  • Toothbrush and toothpaste

  • Hair tie and headband

  • Face wipes

  • Shower essentials (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant)

  • Lotion

  • Chapstick

  • Hand sanitizer

  • Lanolin

  • Nursing pad

  • Maxi's

  • Sample vitamins

  • Towel


Most of these things I already had since I like to collect travel size things. But I did purchase a new toothbrush for a whole buck. I also thought it was a good way to take advantage of all the free sample vitamins I've received over my many months of prenatal doctor visits instead of having to remember to pack my big bottles.

3. Clothing

  • DIY hospital gown #2

  • Giant walmart undies

  • Nursing bra

  • Tank top

  • Yoga pants

  • Zip-up hoodie

  • Non-slip socks


Pretty basic here. I plan on wearing my DIY hospital gown #1, leggings, robe, and flip flops into the hospital.

4. Warmth

  • 4 walmart pillows in blue cases

  • Fleece blanket


$2 pillows from Walmart in some cheap cases. The nurse at the hospital said to be sure and bring our own because they're quite scarce around the hospital. I put them in a vacuum bag to take up less space for now. I know I won't have a vacuum for the trip back home, but odds are I'm not going to care about it then. The fleece blanket is for Cory on his poor little couch bed.

5. Boppy
Pretty self explanatory. I'm taking my mini boppy to the hospital and leaving my full size at home.

6. Bag o'Colette

  • A couple of coming home outfits

  • Little hat

  • Swaddler

  • Blankets

  • Pacifier


Pretty basic here too. Blankets for coming home, a wubbanub paci just in case, couple of outfits because I can't decide just yet and don't know what size she'll be, and a hat with her name on it.

7. The Paperwork

  • Phone charger

  • Birth plan

  • Triage questions and answers

  • List of people to call/text/email

  • Baby book

  • Pens

  • Paper


All my paperwork is nice and neat in a little folder, ready to go. I found a list of possible/usual triage questions upon entering the hospital. Cory and our doula will be with me and in the event that I'm unable to answer a question because of a contraction or something, perhaps they'll be able to find the answer on the sheet and I can just confirm.

And that's it. The only other things I would possible like to pack are some Harry Potter DVDs. Call me crazy but during those lulls after delivery when/ if I can't sleep etc. it'd be nice to have something playing in the background.

I'm also happy to report that both guest bedrooms and the nursery are clean and ready for occupancy. The only thing the nursery is missing is the bookcase and it will be here late this week. Ahhh sweet relief. Only 3 weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment