Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Panic Button

I've hit my internal panic button a few times over the last couple of days. Especially Monday night. Whew. Spring is my least favorite season because of storms {and pollen}.

I'm one of those people who checks the weather channel constantly. So Monday when I knew the weather was going to be bad later in the day, I pretty much had it pulled up on my desktop all day. Waiting and anticipating. When the line of storms finally got here I was only moderately terrified until we got the tornado warning and the power went out. The moment the power went out I pretty much flipped my lid. Of course... Colette slept through the whole thing. Cory and I hung out in the floor of the nursery until it was all over.

Luckily the next 9 days look panic-free in terms of weather.

On the other hand, I have to go to Philadelphia for work Monday night-Wednesday morning next week. {*HITS PANIC BUTTON FRANTICALLY*} I'll be leaving my sweet little baby for the first time over night. Not only do I have to leave her, but I also have to get on an airplane. So pretty much this blog post is about my main fears in life. Tornadoes, planes, and leaving my child with the possibility of not returning. I know the likelihood of me dying in one of those things is slim, but it still petrifies me.

Like Cory says, "There's nothing you can do about it!" (Then there's that little voice in the back of my head that says, "Sure there is... you can get a storm shelter... you can opt to never travel by plane.. and pretty much never leave home...") Not irrational at all, right? :)

Some of you who get email notifications when I update the blog probably wondered what the "Letters to Colette" post was about since it was password protected. Basically it's just words of advice, love, encouragement, life lessons, and anything I can think to share that I don't want to forget later. Or if by some chance I do get whisked away by a tornado or my plane disappears, she'll also have a piece of me left behind in those words. It's the "just in case" file. Maybe one day I'll share them, but for now it's just between me and Wordpress.... and well.. anyone who's able to hack into my account and read them, I suppose.

 

And to make the post less depressing.. I completely forgot about our Easter photos until today. So here's something fun to look at!

 

[caption id="attachment_874" align="aligncenter" width="534"]Watching the dog with Granny Poore Watching the dog with Granny Poore[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_875" align="aligncenter" width="560"]First Easter Basket! First Easter Basket![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_876" align="aligncenter" width="534"]Mom and Steve's beautiful yard! Mom and Steve's beautiful yard![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_877" align="aligncenter" width="534"]More yard! More yard![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_878" align="aligncenter" width="560"]Sweet baby Sweet baby[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_879" align="aligncenter" width="560"]This one is for my sister! This one is for my sister![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_880" align="aligncenter" width="560"]D'awwww D'awwww[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_881" align="aligncenter" width="560"]She's a celebrity She's a celebrity[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_882" align="aligncenter" width="534"]Sitting with Grandma Betty Sitting with Grandma Betty[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment