Monday, July 22, 2013

Nursery Business Time

I'm uber happy to report that Baby Colette's nursery has been painted. Many thanks to my husband and his mom for working on it yesterday! We haven't set the room up yet, and I would rather wait and take pictures when it's all put together, but here are a couple of sneak peaks.

These are just quick snap shots. It's a very dark room, so it wasn't easy to get an accurate shot of the wall color. It's a bit darker and a bit greener than this.

[caption id="attachment_440" align="aligncenter" width="560"]Wall Color: Behr - DIll Seed Wall Color: Behr - Dill Seed[/caption][caption id="attachment_441" align="aligncenter" width="560"]Wall Color: Behr - DIll Seed Wall Color: Behr - Dill Seed[/caption]

 

Now I'm into thinking about the layout of the room. Trying to picture it in my mind is terrible because I'm not very good with scale. So I went to the Pottery Barn website and used their Room Planner tool which was pretty helpful. Here's what I've come up with so far:

[caption id="attachment_443" align="aligncenter" width="488"]Preliminary Nursery Layout Preliminary Nursery Layout[/caption]

Lots of lights! Originally I was going to put the mini chandelier between the two pendant lights above the double dresser, but I think it would probably look better hanging above the crib. Haven't decided on a chandelier yet but here's what I have in mind:

[caption id="attachment_444" align="aligncenter" width="560"]thebellacottage.com thebellacottage.com[/caption][caption id="attachment_445" align="aligncenter" width="320"]overstock.com overstock.com[/caption]

 

I did pick out the pendant lights over the weekend. (And a new ceiling fan/light fixture!) Here's the shade that goes over the pendant:

[caption id="attachment_446" align="aligncenter" width="560"]5'' Crystal Pendant Shade - Lowes 5'' Crystal Pendant Shade - Lowes[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_447" align="aligncenter" width="560"]Full Pendant Light Full Pendant Light[/caption]

As for crib bedding, I found some things that I like at Cottage and Cabin on Etsy. She makes some really beautiful and simple things. I requested some fabric swatches that should be here in a couple of days. If I do decide to go with Cottage and Cabin, I'll have to decide pretty quickly! Orders being taken now are for October shipping dates! *insert panicked emoticon here*

 

In other news, we leave for the beach in 5 days. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment