Monday, July 1, 2013

Sounds

We're officially past the halfway mark! Whew. Makes me worry a little bit since it seems to fly by. It didn't help when I walked into Hobby Lobby the other day and all the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations were out. YOU JUST SLOW DOWN A SECOND, HOBBY LOBBY! I'm not quite ready for that yet!

Cory and I did some 'gender reveal' activities over the weekend and I'm pretty excited to release all that to you guys, but family comes first! Other activities that happened over the weekend include getting all the desks out of the soon to be nursery AND getting the 2 guest rooms' furniture changed out. Mattresses should be arriving in the next couple of days so now all we need are new sheets! Big thanks to the Branum's for getting tricked into helping out with that. :)

So now onto the title of the blog. Sounds. We're finally in the early stages of hearing and voice recognition in Baby Taylor's development! Music has always been a big part of my life, so I've been waiting for the moment when I can go out and purchase my Bellybuds and share the joy that is music with Baby Taylor....... (Okay... so maybe I don't buy the Bellybuds. But I think my big headphones will work just fine.)

While I was browsing Spotify last week, I came across Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star lullabies. I was thrilled because a lot of what I listen to isn't exactly baby friendly. There are hundreds of albums from various artists and genres that have been turned into lullabies and I love them. Below are screen shots of some of my favorite things they have, but I encourage you to go check out their website to see if they have something to suit your fancy if you're looking for something like this.

alternative

soundtracks

classic rock

metal

And to colse, I leave you with this terrible video of Gloria singing Hush Little Baby on Modern Family. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. We have a few rock-a-bye baby albums! They're great! They've got a large variety of artists as well-you should check them out!
    Also-I have one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Beginnings-Pregnancy-Music-Belly/dp/B0074JLEAU
    that I didn't get the chance to use if you would like it! I can mail it to you or something. Just let me know!
    Can't wait to find out if you're growing a little lady or gent!

    ReplyDelete